Quart Oil Bottles

Home Forums Products Blog Details Quart Oil Bottles Quart Oil Bottles

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MicroTraxx 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MicroTraxx
    Keymaster
    A little History
    The following was taken from http://www.collectorsweekly.com : Prior to our disposable metal, paper and plastic oil containers you would purchase oil at a gas station either pumped from a drum or in glass quart bottles which sat in special racks.

completeThe bottles where mostly displayed in wire racks such as seen to the left. There WERE examples of solid racks made from wood and sheet-metal. It might be possible to make an acceptable wire rack using Photo-etching.

Some Examples
    blackandwhiteknitting10Great photo. This young woman is the attendant and is knitting while waiting for customers. The wire rack to her left is a nice display rack. It *might* be possible to make one from wire in HO .. if someone was really careful, skilled and totally nuts. (I may try it).
    redrackHere we have sheet metal cases with wire rack inserts. This also provides a really good look at the bottles (glass) and the nozzles – zinc I believe.
    enarcoThen we have this all-sheet-metal rack (as far as I can tell at least). This is the one I used to pattern my model of an oil rack on.
    ver1From that last all-sheet-metal rack I cam up with this model. The main difference is simply that there is a minimum wall thickness for FUD of 0.3mm .. so the model was adjusted to take that into account.
    The model in HO
    SWRenderMy version of the oil bottles and racks in HO. There are bottles and 8 racks (8 bottles per rack) and 64 bottles
    The model in O
    SWRenderMy version of the oil bottles and racks in O. There are various combinations of racks, bottles and both bottles and racks
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.